Our mission is teaching others how to end homelessness, one person at a time.
Since 1989, LTHC has helped community families, children, veterans, and those with disabilities find stable housing and self-sufficiency.
Our nonprofit offers unique programs for our guests, because no two are the same. And, we teach others how to end homelessness by helping community members stay educated.
We’re more than just a shelter.
LTHC Homeless Services (formerly Lafayette Transitional Housing Center) served five homeless families when we opened our doors in 1989. Like many national programs at the time, we offered six-month transitional apartments instead of just setting up a day shelter.
Since then, our mission has shifted to helping families, veterans, and individuals find permanent housing. The number of guests who need our services has increased—but so have our funding streams, donations, and volunteer efforts from generous community members.
Our services are unique, just like our guests.
We understand that our guests’ reasons for homelessness vary, and so do the solutions we offer to help them end their homelessness.
HSP offers guests more than a shelter.
LTHC has a variety of HSP services on-site to help our guests feel as comfortable as possible, including:
Homeless Services Program (HSP)
Rapid Re-Housing (RRH)
Services for Veteran Families (SVF)
Day Resource Center
Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH)
It takes a community to fight homelessness.
We’re fortunate to receive funding from generous donors and fundraisers like Homeward Bound and Bingo & Auction Extravaganza. We also work with amazing organizations, agencies, and programs.
- The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette
- The Fair Housing Act
- Lafayette Community Development Block Grant
- Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- United Way of Greater Lafayette
- West Lafayette Community Development Block Grant
- Area IV Agency
- Bauer Family Resources
- City of Lafayette
- City of West Lafayette
- Food Finders Food Bank
- Home with Hope
- Homelessness Prevention and Intervention Network (HPIN)
- Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week (each November)
- Indiana 211
- Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA)
- Lafayette Housing Authority
- Lafayette Urban Ministry (LUM)
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- Riggs Community Health Center
- Tippecanoe County Health Department
- Tippecanoe County Township Trustees
- Veterans’ Services of Tippecanoe County
- Wabash Valley Alliance
- Wabash Valley Alliance PATH (Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness)
- YWCA Domestic Violence Intervention and Prevention Program
Connect with our team members.
Safety & Shelter Manager
HSP Families Case Manager
Tenant Support Manager
Housing Retention Case Manager
Veterans Services Program
HSP Case Manager
Veterans Services Program
Meet our Board of Directors
Chair Horizon Bank
Purdue Federal Credit Union
Franklin Finish LLC
Dr. Natalia Rodriguez
Former Non Profit Executive
Valley Oaks Health